a round yellowish seed used widely as food to create the most magical recipes
So, I’ve been eating this wrap for a couple of years now and it is one of my favorite lunches! The chickpea and avocado combo is SO YUM. This wrap is super simple to make and only takes about 10 minutes to prepare. I make a couple of wraps at a time and they keep nicely in the fridge. Also, there is a good amount of fiber and protein, which keeps me full until dinner. One thing to look out for when shopping for tortillas is the hidden trans fats. If you look at the nutrition label and the word “hydrogenated” is in the ingredient list, get a different one! Trans fats raise cholesterol, so it’s best to avoid it. My favorite tortilla is the Food For Life brand. You can check out their website here and you can find them in the freezer section. I hope you enjoy this wrap as much as I do!
Chickpea Salad Wrap
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ avocado
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 handfuls of leafy greens
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas and avocado. Mash with a fork until well combined, but still chunky.
- Add the diced onion, celery, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Place the handful of leafy greens on the wrap followed by the chickpea salad. Roll it up, and enjoy!